Futures of Teaching – Conversation between teachers and experts from the Arab States and the International Commission on the Futures of Education
|Quand:||Mardi 20 avril 2021 - 13:00 - Mardi 20 avril 2021 - 14:30|
Join this unique dialogue on the futures of teaching in the Arab States and beyond, organized by the International Task Force on Teachers for Education 2030, in collaboration with Hamdan Foundation and the Futures of Education initiative.
The unprecedented disruption to schools caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, impacting over 63 million teachers worldwide, has shone the spotlight on the challenges of educational systems preparedness to adapt rapidly to changing demands. With sudden switch to distance learning, teachers found themselves in unconventional settings that require more than digitized curricula and adaptive teaching methods and tools. The pandemic has further reinforced the need to ensure continuous teacher professional development, psychological support and socioemotional learning, a reinforcement of teacher's rights and working conditions, as well as ongoing research and assessment of rapidly changing teaching and learning.
The 90-minute consultation will provide a space for dialogue, between members of the International Commission on the Futures of Education and teachers and lead experts from the region and beyond.
Panellists will include:
- Antonio Novoa, Ambassador of Portugal to UNESCO and a member of the International Commission - Futures of Education initiative
- Carlos Vargas Tamez, Head of the Secretariat for the International Task force on Teachers for Education 2030 and Teacher Development Section, UNESCO
- Christine Safwat, Executive Director of Educate Me Foundation, Egypt
- Elisa Guerra, Founder of Colegio Valle de Filadelfia, Mexico and a member of the International Commission - Futures of Education initiative
- Hilmi Hamdan, Educational expert and trainer at the General Union of Palestinian Teachers, Palestine
Malak Zaalouk, Director at the Middle East Institute for Higher Education at the American University in Cairo, Egypt
- Najwa Al Hosani, Acting Dean, College of Education, United Arab Emirates University, United Arab Emirates
- Sobhi Tawil, Director of the Futures of Education initiative, UNESCO
The outcomes will be summarized in a report to be submitted to the Futures of Education Initiative, feeding into the final report to be released in November 2021.
The event will offer simultaneous interpretation in English, French and Arabic and is open to all.