Futures of Teaching in the Arab States - Programme
The International Task Force on Teachers for Education 2030, in collaboration with Hamdan Foundation and the Futures of Education initiative, is organizing a consultation on the futures of teaching in the Arab States.
The 90-minute consultation session is to provide a space for dialogue, between members of the International Commission on the Futures of Education and lead experts from the region and beyond.
Panelists will include:
- Antonio Novoa, Ambassador of Portugal to UNESCO and a member of he International Commission - Futures of Education initiative
- Carlos Vargas Tamez, Head of the Secretariat for the International Task force on Teachers for Education 2030 and Teacher Development Section, UNESCO
- Christine Safwat, Executive Director of Educate Me Foundation, Egypt
- Elisa Guerra, Founder of Colegio Valle de Filadelfia, Mexico and a member of the International Commission - Futures of Education initiative
- Hilmi Hamdan, Educational expert and trainer at the General Union of Palestinian Teachers, Palestine
- Malak Zaalouk, Director at the Middle East Institute for Higher Education at the American University in Cairo, Egypt
- Najwa Al Hosani, Vice Dean, College of Education, United Arab Emirates University, United Arab Emirates
- Sobhi Tawil, Director of the Futures of Education initiative, UNESCO
The outcomes will be summarized in a report to be submitted to the Futures of Education Initiative, feeding into the final report to be released in November 2021.