Report on the Teacher Task Force Regional Meetings to mark World Teachers’ Day, 5 October 2020
In 2020 World Teachers’ Day was celebrated with the theme, “Teachers: Leading in crisis, reimagining the future”, in the context of the unprecedented disruption that the COVID-19 pandemic was causing to already constrained education systems.
Building on the regional meetings initiated in May and June of 2020 on distance teaching and the return to school, the Teacher Task Force organized a series of discussions to coincide with World Teachers’ Day to explore the topic of leadership and its key role in solving problems during the COVID-19 pandemic and strengthening the resilience of education systems.
This is the final report of the five meetings that were held:
- Arab States (Arabic, English and French): 8 October 2020
- Asia and Pacific (English): 8 October 2020
- Latin America (Spanish and English): 7 October 2020
- Sub-Saharan Africa (English): 7 October 2020
- Sub-Saharan Africa (French): 8 October 2020