The TTF Steering Committee guides the work of the Secretariat and sets the strategic and thematic direction of the TTF. It is composed of representatives of the major constituencies of its membership. Steering Committee members are elected for a two-year renewable mandate.
Two elected co-Chairs guide the work of the Steering Committee. One co-Chair represents the member countries whilst the other represents the funding members. They are each elected for a period of two years.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE STEERING COMMITTEE
The TTF Steering Committee has the following roles and responsibilities:
- provide strategic and thematic guidance to the Secretariat on the Strategic Objectives and related activities including reviewing the annual work plan;
- take note of progress made in implementation and report back to the TTF;
- act as an essential communication channel with the wider TTF membership to keep them informed of, and committed to, the TTF’s work;
- promote the work of the TTF internationally by attending global conferences and meetings addressing teacher issues; and
- review the work of the Secretariat, including the Secretariat prepared annual work plan and report.
Please consult the Terms of Reference of the Teacher Task Force for more information.
MEMBERS OF THE STEERING COMMITTEE
|Constituencies represented in the Steering Committee||Number of seats per constituency||Current members|
|Africa||4||Cameroon, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa (co-chair)|
|Arab States||2||Lebanon, Saudi Arabia|
|Asia and Pacific||2||Indonesia, Philippines|
|Europe and North America||2||Belgium (ENABEL), Russian Federation|
|Latin America & the Caribbean||2||St Kitts and Nevis, Brazil|
|Donors||2 core funders||Norway, Vacant seat|
|Donors||2 donors||Germany (co-chair), Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Foundation for Distinguished Academic Performance|
|Intergovernmental Organizations||2||Conférence des Ministres de l'Éducations des États et Gouvernements de la Francophonie (CONFEMEN), International Labour Organization (ILO)|
|Regional and International Non-governmental Organizations||1||Arab Bureau of Education for the Gulf States (ABEGS)|
|International Non-Governmental Organizations||2||Action Aid, VVOB - education for development|
|Private Sector or Foundation||1||Lego Foundation|
|Permanent seats||3||UNESCO, Education International (EI), Global Partnership for Education (GPE)|