The International Task Force on Teachers for Education 2030 (TTF) advocates for the right of all learners to have access to well prepared, justly remunerated, duly respected and highly committed teachers. It is committed to ensuring teachers and teaching are recognised as priorities on the education agenda at global, regional and national levels.
The TTF believes that improving the quantity and the quality of teachers will be achieved through the development and implementation of holistic teacher policies.
Key advocacy messages of the TTF:
- Education is a fundamental human right and public good which qualified, motivated and empowered teachers play a central role in providing.
- Every learner has the right to be taught by a trained and qualified teacher.
- Teachers are one of the most influential and powerful forces for equity, access and quality in education, and are key to sustainable global development.
- The prominence of teachers in the SDG4-Education 2030 framework reinforces the need for sound knowledge and data about the situation of teachers.
- Monitoring of the status of teachers and teaching is fundamental if we are to achieve SDG4 target 4.c, as well as the other SDG4 targets.