KIX Africa 19 Hub Webinar on Teacher Motivation
|When:||Thursday, September 21, 2023 - 15:00 - Thursday, September 21, 2023 - 17:00|
Join the second KIX webinar of 2023, focusing on strategies to improve the production, retention and motivation of competent teachers amidst the changing context of the profession in Africa.
Bringing together educators, school leaders, partners in education, and education authorities from Africa and beyond, the webinar aims to:
- Uncover potential obstacles impacting both intrinsic and extrinsic teacher motivation within the changing teaching profession.
- Reflect on global, regional, and national frameworks promoting the attraction of the best and most motivated candidates to teaching, while addressing impediments.
- Explore innovative ways to reinvigorate the standing, voice, and societal value of teachers.
- Foster hands-on learning among educators, school leaders, and experts to enhance well-being, especially during and after school reopening.
Date: Thursday, 21st September 2023
Time: 15:00 – 17:00 (East Africa Time)
Duration: 2 hours
The webinar is organized under the framing of the KIX Africa 19 hub managed by UNESCO-IICBA, UNICEF ESARO and AU-IPED. The target audience includes:
- School leaders, teachers, and education partners at various levels in Africa and beyond;
- KIX Africa 19 hub focal points and their counterparts overseeing the teaching profession;
- AUC teachers cluster members, teacher unions, education institutions, Ministries of Education in Africa, education experts, NGOs, and stakeholders dedicated to teacher development and management