Teacher Education and Qualification programs/systems in the Arab World - Regional Workshop concept note
Enhancing education has become one of the most significant national investments on the long term, given that quality education builds the capabilities of societies. The contemporary practical data indicate that teacher efficiency and effectiveness play a major role in student learning and performance, given that the teacher is an important input of the educational system.
In light of the Regional Center of Quality and Excellence in Education (RCQE) pursuit to improve all factors of the educational process in the Arab countries, a study on “Teacher Education and Qualification Programs/systems in the Arab world” has been conducted under the supervision of RCQE.
The study is based on the efforts of Arab countries to improve their educational systems, to overcome the current economic and political challenges in addition to changes that are taking place globally in the fields of knowledge and technology. Therefore, RCQE pays great attention to improve relevant policies and programs.
This study is a part of a series conducted by RCQE to develop and improve teacher education and preparation programs. Such series included “a developmental study on 7-12 teacher education programs in a number of Arab countries – 2019” and “a study on teacher policies in education systems in the Arab World – 2018”, etc.
1. The status of the international best practices in the field of 7-12 teacher preparation and education programs.
2. The status of 7-12 teacher preparation and education programs in the Arab countries.
3. The proposed framework for developing and improving 7-12 teacher preparation programs in the Arab countries in light of the best relevant global trends and practices.
4. Promote the culture of education quality regionally and internationally.
5. Enhance cooperation and integration between relevant international and regional organizations.
The workshop will be held on Thursday, 29 July 2021 from 11:00 AM to 01:30 PM (Saudi Time) through ZOOM Application. You can attend the workshop by clicking Here.